Book Signings in 2016

http://writersontheriver.weebly.com/

Friday, June 20, 2014

First review 5 Stars!!!

I got my first review back today. It hasn't posted yet on their blog, so I can't link you to it for a couple of weeks, but I was thrilled. What I'm most proud of isn't the 5 stars Restoring Hope earned, but that the reviewer thought the story line and characters were exceptional...I worked very hard on this book to give you lots of layers and depth. From the description of the streets, to the green moss of the Bayou, as well as characters that made you think and a story line that will hit home for many. As a writer, I want to keep pushing myself to create books that are well rounded and entertaining, but also, in some ways, give inspiration or advice. Restoring Hope is about redemption, about the power of love, but most importantly for me, it's about not quitting. People will try and hold you down or tear you apart, but they have no power over you unless you allow it. I found that out the hard way, and when I picked myself up off the floor, I began writing. For Nic and Hope, they discovered that life might beat you down with heartache, but with love, patience and good people around you, you can overcome or learn to deal with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment